Buying a new electrical or electronic item from us?
- We will recycle the one you are replacing for free.
- Please send the old OSET component item back to us with the box/envelope clearly marked electronic component for disposal within 28 days of purchasing the new part.
- Include a copy of the new items receipt for its replacement and we will do the rest.
- You can also find local recycling points for your old electricals here to https://www.recycleyourelectricals.org.uk/electrical-recycling-locator/
Recycling and reusing unwanted electrical or electronics can help save the planet and improve lives.
- Electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) contains materials, parts and substances which can be dangerous to the environment and harmful to human health if not disposed of correctly.
- Electrical and electronic equipment is now the fastest growing waste stream in the UK and across the world.
- Discover the impact of reusing and recycling your electricals here Recycle Your Electricals campaign www.recycleyourelectricals.org.uk
What can I recycle?
- Anything with a plug, battery or cable can be recycled or reused! The materials from recycled electricals can be used in everything from children’s playgrounds to lifesaving equipment, while donated tech can help bridge the digital divide.
- You will find the wheelie bin symbol on all your electrical items. It is a reminder to recycle your old electricals, rather than binning them.
- Reducing waste electricals
- As part of our commitment to reducing the amount of unwanted electrical waste being incinerated or sent to landfill sites, we will recycle your (UK residence) old electricals free of charge when you buy new ones. Together we can stop precious resources from being lost forever and help protect the planet. You are only responsible for the cost of returning the item(s) to us.
If you are a UK based end user customer and have any further questions please contact OSET’s Customer Service team on 01424 211 804.